Saturday, April 10, 2010

Drugstore Mascara Showdown!

Hey guys! So today I decided to do a little makeup post, and I thought a 'mascara showdown' would be fun and useful for those of you who want to try a new mascara. All four of the mascaras are available at any drugstore, so without further ado, let's begin!

From left to right: Lash Exact, Clean Definition, Great Lash, and Telescopic Explosion.
1) First is CoverGirl Lash Exact, a mascara designed for definition and length. The wand is rubber, with lots of short, straight bristles. I love this mascara because it does what it claims - gives me a clump-free lift!
2) Next, L'Oréal Paris Clean Definition Telescopic. That's a mouthful! Similar to Lash Exact, this mascara is also designed for clump-less lashes. Its wand is also rubber with short, straight bristles, but the wand is longer and the bristles are more organized than Lash Exact's. This mascara really delivers, and I like it even more than my previous favorite, Lash Exact.
3) Now an old staple, Maybelline Great Lash. This mascara is supposed to be for thickened, voluminous lashes. While I do like this mascara, its old-fashioned bristle wand only gives me a bit of a natural lift. This mascara is perfect for first-time mascara users because it's very easy to use and will give your lashes a nice pick-me-up.
4) Finally, L'Oréal Paris Telescopic Explosion. This is the drugstore 'dupe' of Givenchy Phenomen'eyes, which is a high-end mascara and the first to come out with a spherical wand. L'Oréal's version has the same spherical wand, and promises you volumized lashes, and that its wand will reach every lash. While the mascara did give me volume, the formula clumped on my lashes, and I am the sort of person who hates clumpy mascara. I do like the design though, and will be using it on my outer corners.

That's all for now! I hope this was useful to you guys. Comment and let me know what your favorite mascara is!
Love, Val
P.S. More pictures after the jump!
 
CoverGirl Lash Exact


 
L'Oréal Paris Clean Definition Telescopic

  
Maybelline Great Lash

  
L'Oréal Paris Telescopic Explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.