Hello blogging universe! Because it was requested, today I am giving you a hair tutorial. This tutorial is for a super easy, natural updo using no heat! Here is the finished look:
Learn how to complete the hairstyle (a Val original) after the jump!
1) Shower and allow your hair to air-dry, keeping your natural texture. Notice that my hair is naturally kind of wavy and very poofy!
2) Optionally apply some shine serum (I'm using Chi Silk Infusion). This step is because this updo goes great with shiny hair.
3) Now part your hair on the side and tie it into a loose ponytail at the nape of your neck. (It's okay if some layers or fringe fall out of the ponytail - that's the look we're going for!)
4) Divide your ponytail into two sections. Tie one off to get it out of the way, and braid the other, going as close to the ends as possible.
5) Now braid the second section.
6) Wrap both braids around the base of the ponytail, securing with a hair tie. Crisscross bobby pins into the bun to anchor it. You're done!
If you try this out, send me a picture of the final 'do, I'd love to see it! Good luck!
Photos by my awesome siblings. Thanks guys!