Saturday, May 15, 2010

Drugstore Dupe: Stila's 'Kitten'

Hi girls! So I was looking through my eyeshadows the other day, and my Stila trio was right next to my CoverGirl trio. I realized then that Stila's color 'Kitten' (their most popular shade!) looked practically identical to the lightest shade in CoverGirl's trio (in 110 shimmering sands). Both shadows are a beautiful soft frosty pink with some shimmer. Here's a couple photos so you can decide for yourself:

Stila on the left, CoverGirl on the right.
(Sorry for the green blob  in the second pic - it's my lamp. Also, my fingers are not red, the lighting is weird!)

As you can see in the swatch, the colors are similar, though Stila's is more gold, CoverGirl's more frosty. Also, the Stila shade of course has better pigmentation. However, on my lids I can't see a difference, so I'd say if you're lusting after Kitten, try out CoverGirl next time you're at the drugstore.

Buy Stila's 'Kitten' here ($18); buy CoverGirl's trio '110 Shimmering Sands' here ($5).

All for now! Let me know if you like and want more 'drugstore dupes'! :)

Love, Val

P.S. In case you're interested in the trios - a couple more pictures after the jump.

CoverGirl Trio in 110 Shimmering Sands

Stila Trio. Colors (from left to right) are Lamé, Chloe, and Kitten.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I've felt the same about these shades, glad to see it's similar for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always keep in mind when trying new hair treatments that what is right for someone
    else may not achieve the same results for you. Though this oil
    is rich in saturated fats, it is still ideal for cooking.

    Commercial shaving creams usually consist of some sort of animal-based or
    hydrogenated vegetable-based fat, such as stearic
    acid, chemicals meant to create the right texture and
    p - H, fragrances and dyes, and water.

    My weblog; Darian Braun

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.