Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Mom's Fresh-Faced Makeup

Hey all! Sorry for the lame lack of posts lately, I've been super busy but it's the weekend now and I can post! Yay!
So a week ago my mom had a reunion to go to, and she said I could do her makeup for the event! She requested a neutral, natural look that was only a small step up from her everyday makeup. When we were done, she looked great! Here's a quick summary of what I did.

From left to right - Top row: Avon Face Cream, La Mer Foundation in 03 Buff, Maybelline Cover Stick in Medium Beige, Dulce Cosmetics Powder in 02, Dulce Cosmetics Muffin Cake Blusher in 04, D.C. Brilliant Fusion Eyeshadow Palette in 02, L'Oréal Telescopic Clean Definition mascara, L'Oréal Le Kohl Pencil in Onyx, Neutrogena Lip Color in 20 Nectar, Neutrogena Lip Gloss in Glisten 20.

Sonia Kashuk Essential Eye Brush Set; Bare Escentuals Brushes in Flawless Face, Full Flawless Face, and Max Coverage Concealer, La Mer Foundation Brush.

  First I prepped her skin by having her cleanse and apply her Avon cream. Then, using her La Mer foundation and the matching brush, I applied her foundation, leaving her with clearer, even skin. Then I used my concealer brush and her Maybelline Cover Stick to conceal her undereyes and redness around the nose, as well as a few spots. Next, I buffed a powder into her face with my Full Flawless Face brush, giving a matte finish. I then used the gorgeous, peachy blush on her apples using my Flawless Face brush.
  For the eyes, I used my Brilliant Fusion palette - the pink on her lid, gold in her crease, and pearl color as a highlight. I lengthened her lashes with Clean Definition mascara, then let her apply her Le Kohl eyeliner as she likes. For the lips, I used her Neutrogena Lipstick, then a gloss over.
  The overall look is very natural, glowy, and great for everyday. My mom left a satisfied customer. :)
  More beauty posts soon - other than that, all for now!
  Love, Val
  P.S. Read more about Dulce Cosmetics products here...and more about Clean Definition here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.