Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dramatic Purple Eyes

It's finally here... my first makeup tutorial! This eye is shimmery, dramatic, and vibrant - it'd be gorgeous for a night out.
(Sorry I don't have step-by-step pictures - my computer deleted them - I will have them next time!)


All shadows are Urban Decay, all Urban Decay is from their Summer of Love kit.

1) First I primed my eyes with Urban Decay primer potion in Sin to intensify shadows and prevent creasing.
2) Next, with my lid brush, I put Maui Wowie (shimmery gold/silver) all over my lid, packing it on for a vibrant color.
3) I then took a crease brush and applied Smog (velvet chocolate brown, my favorite!) into the crease, creating a rounded shape.
4) Next I created an outer V with Flash (vibrant matte purple), adding a beautiful pop of color. I also took an angled brush and applied Flash two-thirds of the way in the lower lash line.
5) Lastly I put Chopper (shimmery copper) in my inner corner to brighten the look.
6) I thinly lined my upper lash line with MAC PenUltimate liner in RapidBlack, my waterline with Urban Decay glide-on liner in Bourbon, and applied two coats of CoverGirl LashBlast Volume mascara for dramatic lashes.

Here's one last picture-
I've made that one my Blogger profile pic! What do you think?

So, that's all for my first tutorial! Let me know what you think of it in a comment, and I'll have more soon!

Love, Val

P.S. The liner is my first MAC product ever! A gift from my generous grandma :)

1 comment:

Leave your thoughts here.