Friday, September 3, 2010

Health Kick!

  Hello dolls, well lately I've been on a health kick! As far as obsessions go, this is a good one. I've been trying to work out 3-5 times a week, avoid sugary/fatty foods, drink lots of water, and get good sleep. A bit of a wake-up call for me was when P.E. started in school and I felt weak after one lap around the track! Yikes! But after a month or so of my 'program,' I've been able to run 10 laps around the track (not consecutively, but in one workout). So here are some tips and tricks of mine!


  • Drink lots of water. Not only does it keep your body going, but it fills you up, so you don't eat when you're actually thirsty. I aim for the recommended 8 glasses a day, and recommend you bring a water bottle with you everywhere!
  • Eat small, balanced meals throughout the day. A good meal is high in protein (chicken, fish) and vegetables, but low in fats and carbohydrates (if you love breads, try whole wheat instead). Fiber and protein will keep you feeling full. Remember to take small bites, chew thoroughly, and drink water throughout to feel more full at the end!
  • Get out there and exercise! It doesn't have to be running, but just make sure you're out there and moving. I like taking a walk or bike around the neighborhood, practicing volleyball in my backyard, swimming, jump rope, just whatever you like best! I try to exercise 3-5 times a week, an hour each time (outside of school). Stretch afterwards and hydrate!
  • Treat yourself! Just because you're trying to be healthy doesn't mean you can't have dessert! Try a smoothie (plain yogurt, banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries mixed up in a blender is my favorite). They're sweet, delicious, and a great way to get that fruit in. Or, if you're craving ice cream, anything by Skinny Cow is low-fat and delicious!
    Remember that I am not a nutritionist, these are just tips I've picked up that work for me! Good luck!

    What do you do to stay in shape? Leave a comment!

    Love, Val

    P.S. I'm going to Sephora soon, any recommendations?!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave your thoughts here.