Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Slicked Back, Curly Ponytail!

  Hey guys! So I've been feeling a little under the weather lately, I think I have a cold. I'm fine, but I don't really have the energy to do a proper post today, haha! So instead I'll use  a celebrity pic to demonstrate a hair style I've been loving lately: the slicked-back curly ponytail!
  I tried it for a party last week and it was great! It'll keep the hair off your neck so you won't be hot and uncomfortable while dancing, but the curls make it super pretty. Here's how!

Rihanna rocks the look!

1) Start with clean, dry hair. Prep hair with heat protectant, and if desired shine serum. (I used Chi 44 Iron Guard and Chi Silk Infusion.)
2) Brush back hair into a high ponytail and tie off tightly. Spray hairspray or gel into your hands and smooth down hair.
3) Heat up a curling iron in the size of your choice. Begin curling 1” sections of hair, holding the iron vertically and holding for about 8 seconds. Curl entire ponytail this way, alternating directions. (Hot Tools 1 ¼” Curling Iron.)
4) Shake out curls, mist with hairspray, and curl some face-framing pieces. You’re done!

Hope you all enjoyed! Leave any requests in the comments section. Let me know how it works if you try it. :)

Love, Val























































2 comments:

  1. i hope you feel better soon! i hate being sick. :( i think i'm starting to come down with something too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm all better now thankfully!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.