Sunday, October 10, 2010

How To: Another curly ponytail!

Hey everyone!
  Recently I posted about a fun party hairstyle, the slicked-back curly ponytail. For a lunch out today, I did a softer, everyday variant. Here's how you can, too!
1) As usual, prep hair with heat protectant, brushing in to distribute. Part your hair where you like.
2) Pull your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Now pull out a 1" section from the bottom, and tie off the rest into a ponytail as you would normally.
3) Wrap the section around your hair tie, concealing it, then tuck it into the hair tie so it becomes part of the ponytail. Doing this adds some fanciness to the look.
4) Heat up a flat iron (or curling iron, if you like). Select 2" sections and curl them loosely (read up on how to curl hair with a straightener here). Leave about half your hair uncurled.
5) Style some face-framing pieces as desired. Done!


  Hope you enjoyed! This is a great everyday school look for "instant pretty"! I paired it with light blush, mascara, and gloss for a fresh look. Let me know if you try this, and I'll talk to you all later!
Love, Val

6 comments:

  1. I do this hairstyle too!:D So easy and pretty.:D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so lazy when it comes to my hair..this looks super easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marie - Awesome! Thanks :)

    @Isabel - Yes it is, that's why I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. I really like it. Im a new follower.I hope you can follow me back !!:D
    http://afashionistasdreamoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love how sleek this hairstyle looks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite looks. So chic yet playful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.