Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tinted Moisturizer Talk!

Hey all!
Lately I've been a tad tinted-moisturizer obsessed. Mostly, because I've found one I prefer over my old Sephora one (which was too sheer and the wrong color for me, I've found). It's the CoverGirl Aqua Smoothers tinted moisturizer in light to medium. Sheer but not too sheer (about 1/2 the coverage of a foundation), it's just right for those "My skin looks great!" days! Here are a few tips and pointers from my experience.
Excuse the badly painted nails - they were freshly painted :) Essie Mint Candy Apple

  • Get about a pea size drop, and use your fingers to blend. It's the easiest way to control your coverage, plus brushes can end up wasting product.
  • Use it in the morning, and it does triple duty as your sunblock, moisturizer, and foundation!
  • As they are moisturizers, tinted moisturizers will leave you with a nice dewy (not greasy) finish. Feel free to follow up with a powder if you prefer matte.
  • Overdid it on the blush? Gently blend a small dab of tinted moisturizer over for a lit-from within glow!
  • On hotter days, I refrigerate my tinted moisturizer. This does two things: cools down my face, and helps de-puff!
Hope this helps!
Love, Val

P.S. Results from my most recent poll - What's your favorite fall color?
Berry - 20%
Plum - 40%
Gray - 0%
Navy - 40%
Red - 0%

3 comments:

  1. Great tips!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need a tinted moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tinted moisturizer! I use it everyday, too. Thanks for commenting on my blog and following. I'm going to follow you too. You have such a nice setup here :)

    xoxo, gina

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.