Friday, December 3, 2010

Tank Tops in December

Hey bloggers! This morning, I realized a common fashion dilemma of mine. I buy cute colorful tank tops all summer, and then have nothing to do with them come fall. Well, a solution is here, dear readers. (Thanks, Polyvore!) I also added a makeup look that matched the particular outfit I put together - your own makeup is up to you, of course.

Fashion
Pair your tank top with some dark-wash jeans. Then, using colors from your tank's color scheme as inspiration, add a warm coat, shoes, and a purse. Try to use colors that are similar to, but not exactly, the ones used in your top - more saturated colors will keep the look from being too summery.

Makeup
Keep the look light, breezy, and neutral. Start off with soft, neutral eyeshadows and lengthening mascara; add a cool-toned blush for a hint of winter; and finish with the lip color of your choice.
Tank Tops in December
Featured:
Dark pink crop hooded jacket, $65 - debenhams.com
J Brand Bailey mid-rise bootcut jeans, $180 - net-a-porter.com
Nomad Footwear Women's Satin Ballet Flat, $22 - endless.com
Marc Jacobs Small Single quilted leather bag, $525 - net-a-porter.com
vintage garden racerback tank, $30 - shopruche.com




















Featured:
Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Compact, $38 - barneys.com
Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion, $28 - sephora.com
Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pure Shine' Sheer Lipstick, $30 - nordstrom.com
NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara - Black, $25 - barneys.com

Hope you enjoyed! Enjoy a lovely Friday. What's your common fashion dilemma?
Love, Val

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the color of that YSL lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the looks and i love that bobbi brown compact. the colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that you are a master at putting these sets together - I absolutely adore the both of them! I'm constantly wearing tank tops/camis in December - they are the perfect layering pieces!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Please visit or follow my blog!
    www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, lovely blog...Am following you now, do follow back :P www.beautydivaindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit Polyvore! It gets pretty cold here, so I'd definitely add a cardigan over the tank, but this look is darling!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.