Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What I've Been Loving

Hey girls! This was going to be a November Faves, but now we're a week into December. So here's my "What I've Been Loving" post :)

Face
My new foundation routine (pictured) consists of Stila Perfecting Concealer in 'C' on blemishes and undereyes, then a quick dusting of gloMinerals Loose Base in 'Natural Light.' Effortless, and very natural looking. I like how it feels like I don't have makeup on!
Eyes
I've been wearing plum/mauve tones on my eyes recently (I've been told that it brings out my coloring). First, I lightly sweep gloMinerals eyeshadow in Blackberry up to the crease, then follow up with a coat of Benefit Bad Gal Plum mini mascara.
Lip/Cheek
I am in love with Benefit's BeneTint; it's a beautiful liquid cheek color in a rosy shade, great for a "caught in a snowstorm" flush. I've been wearing it on the cheeks, and then applying just a bit to the lips for a slight stain.
In other lip news, I've slowly worked lip glosses back into my makeup routine! Pictured are Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing gloss in Raspberry, Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink Pop, and Nars Turkish Delight - but I love a lot of glosses.  :)
Hair
I've been doing a super-lazy style a lot recently: quick low bun with my hair parted on the side, but to add some flair I braid two tiny sections beforehand. I think it makes it look a little more deliberate, no?
Random
Nutella Hot Chocolate is delicious! (I learned from the lovely missglamorazzi's video recipe.) Basically, you heat up 1 cup of milk on the stove and whisk in 2 T Nutella spread. Now, you may think this would lead to an overly sweet, cheap tasting hot chocolate, but it doesn't! The result is delicious; somehow it ends up with a very sophisticated nutty taste. Mmm. I have literally been having one a day.
 All for now! What have you been loving?

Love, Val

9 comments:

  1. OMG I love that hot chocolate, literally love! Lol, nice post! I like all the products that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try some benefit things, but they are around $50-60 where i live.

    Please check out and follow my blog: http://www.jaciwalker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love using an under eye illuminator. i cant live without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chic Geek It's soo delicious!!

    @Jaci Aw, that's too bad - Benefit is great!

    @Isabel Awesome! I've wanted to try one but most are pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new hairstyle is darling! I'm just trying to make it through finals right now so I can get home and enjoy all things Christmassy.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so your hair is adorable - little braids always add a certain je ne sais quoi to one's look - love it! And plum tones for the eyes sound amazing...I have been contemplating trying them out myself - typically I just use a bronze/gold color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink Pop looks gorgeous! I love those lipglosses!

    Wow, Nutella hot chocolate? Really? I absolutely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the benefit plum mascara. It looks great with certain eye colours. Your hair looks super cute too. I wear the same style everyday...might have to mix it up with your style some days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.