Tuesday, February 8, 2011

January Favorites

Hey guys! It's time for my (always belated) favorites post!

The month of January was a month of great hair and minimal makeup. I tried to use as little face makeup as possible, paired with bare eyes (save for some mascara) and a bright pink lip. I played around with my new haircut, trying out some blowouts!

Makeup
  • GloMinerals Loose Base (in Natural Light) is what I've been using as my foundation and concealer this past month. It gives a nice, natural coverage and never looks cakey. On my face I use it with a large powder brush, and for concealer I use it with a small eyeshadow brush. 
  • Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara (in black) was given to me as a sample at Bobbi's Beauty Rules book signing! (I will post about the book & signing soon!) It's a really nice, natural mascara, but it can easily be built up to high lengths and volume.
  • Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm & Stain (in Passion) is a pretty, fuchsia lip stain. I love the pop of color it gives to my look and the balm on the other side is really convenient and moisturizing. I've even used it in a tutorial!
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss (in Pink Pop) looks beautiful over the lip stain for a higher-intensity pink. Or, it works just as well on its own!
Hair
I've been wearing my hair straight, shiny, and swingy all month! I like to blow it out in the mornings with some Chi Silk Infusion and my Revlon Blow dryer. I start by getting my hair mostly dry, then I get a round brush, section off my hair, and start more intricate blow dryer work. Would you be interested in a post on this...?

All for now! Thanks SO much for following and commenting. I appreciate it so much.

Love, Val

7 comments:

  1. Revlon lip gloss is my favorite! I absolutey love how smooth it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a post on how you do your hair! Straight, shiny, and swingy seems like a great combination haha. What does the Chi Silk Infusion do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great faves, I need to try several of those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to try Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Balm & Stain (in Passion). I have never before used a stain, but it sounds fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like my Pink Pop lipgloss and Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stains. I have never tried a powder foundation before but really want to give one a try. Ive heard it gives better coverage than liquid.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried CG Lipstain and absolutely hated it. Glad you like the one from Revlon though (=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post, need to do my January favourites.

    I'm following your blog and I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow it.

    http://www.jaciwalker.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.