Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review: Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki

So a couple weeks ago Sigma sent me their Sigmax Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki. After testing it out for a while - I've used it for foundation, bronzer, and blush! - I've compiled a review for you all. Enjoy!

Basics
This brush is from Sigma's "Sigmax" collection, meaning it is dense and synthetic. These brushes were made to be used for high definition makeup and flawless application of liquid, powder, or cream products.
Design
Unlike most kabukis, this brush has a handle. The bristles are short, very dense, and firm but flexible. This makes the brush excellent for stippling or buffing. Also, the bristles are super soft, a total plus in my opinion!
Washing
This brush washes quite easily. Wash it as soon as you get it to eliminate shedding (I haven't experienced any after the first wash.) Using the white bristles on makeup will leave them stained, but it's easy to fix. Just buff it into a towel with brush shampoo and water, and your brush will have white tips again.

Application
Foundation - This brush is excellent for liquid foundation. I've found it makes application a lot quicker than a typical "flat" foundation brush. Simply distribute the foundation, then buff or stipple your way to a clearer complexion. (I haven't tried it with cream foundation, and the brush is too dense/small for powder foundations, which work better with fluffy brushes.)
stippled foundation onto a mirror using F80
buffing foundation onto a mirror using F80
what a flat foundation brush does
Cream Blush - I'm so glad to have finally found a brush for my cream blushes! Pick up some blush, apply it to your cheeks, and blend well. Be sure to spread the blush well; the brush doesn't cover a whole cheek.
Powder Blush - This isn't the best for most powder brushes; the firm bristles pick up a lot of product instantly, so you'll likely end up with "clown cheeks!" If you are very cautious it can work, but I'd recommend a fluffier brush instead.
Bronzer - For dramatic, chiseled cheeks, this brush is great. Try using the brush with bronzer around the borders of your face (hairline, temples, cheekbones, jawline). With a lighter hand, you can achieve "everyday" contouring as well. However, this brush cannot replace a fluffy powder brush for lightly sunkissed cheeks.
Overall
This is a great addition to any brush collection. If you're looking for a way to 1) apply your liquid foundation, 2) apply your cream blush, or 3) chisel out your face with bronzer, this is the brush for you!

Where to Buy
Purchase this brush for $16 at Sigma's website. They ship internationally!

Love, Val

This brush was sent to me for free from Sigma. I am not being paid to do this review. All opinions and words are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I need to try this brush for my liquid foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this brush for liquid foundation, I rave about it all the time, glad you liked it too. After repeated use, mine does not go back to the original colour and is stained for good, but it doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mines currently in the post. Im so excited to be getting it :) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.