Saturday, March 26, 2011

How To: Blow Dry Your Hair

Ever wanted to achieve straight, shiny, swingy supermodel hair without the straightener? This post will show you how to do just that! Today I will be using just my Revlon blow dryer and some styling products, and will turn my frizzy, wavy, poofy hair into something beautiful! Stay tuned. :)
1) After taking a shower, allow your hair to air dry until damp (not soaking). Comb through your hair with a wide tooth comb.
 
Tip: Try a styling product here! I'm applying "It's a 10" heat protectant/leave in conditioner. This will prevent some heat damage, and add softness to the hair.
2) Begin drying. Nozzle pointed down (to smooth down the hair cuticle, eliminating frizz), just use your fingers to quickly dry your hair until it is about 80% dry.
3) Now, we begin style/drying! Section off your hair. I have thick hair, so I do 5 sections.
4) Using a flat brush, brush very slowly through your first section. Follow the brush with the blow dryer, nozzle pointing down. Go through each section until completely dry.
Tip: Curl your ends out or under by tilting your brush at the end.
Tip: When satisfied with a section, use the cold air setting on your dryer to seal in the style and add shine. (This is like using cold water at the end of your shower - same concept!)
5) You're done! Part your hair as you like it, and style as desired. Lightly mist with hairspray to set.
I hope this helps you blow dry your hair! What "hair tips" do you use? Let me know in the comments!
Love, Val


Before:
After:

5 comments:

  1. Great tips Val...thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Great! I hope I will be unlazy to do this because it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that I find invaluable, as I have never before blow-dryed my hair for sheer fear that I will do it incorrectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! I also use it's a 10 leave in product!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, very helpful and brilliant, thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here.